Saturday, July 4, 2015

Fungus On My Ceiling, Yeast In My Lungs, Caused By Mold

8:11 AM

To be sung to the tune of "Tears On My Pillow".

Actually, I really shouldn't take a beautiful song and put mold lyrics to it, but all in fun :)

And a great excuse to bring back an old oldie, but a good goodie:



My upstairs neighbor told me that mold is growing under his floor/above my ceiling. There are no visible signs of it, but yesterday when I went to do laundry, I noticed several ceiling tiles were blackish. I e-mailed our building guy this morning.

What does this have to do with singing, running or crafting? Nothing :) But I did include a song here, did I not :)

If you read my posts, expect lots of cat stories too. I have three wonderful cats, Lucky, Andy and Tiki and I adore them. I adore all cats actually. I volunteer for Forgotten Angels of Westford, MA.

Forgotten Angels Cat Shelter

Here are my Three Musketeers: Tiki, Andy and Lucky



There are two reasons I started this blog:

Reason 1
These past 2.5 years have been absolute Hades in terms of financial stability, and also the deaths of 5 living beings I held dear. But, I have finally reached the Proverbial Light and I am getting back on my feet again.

Reason 2
The other reason I created this blog is because I suffer from extreme fatigue and I intend to use this the way a person would count calories on Lose It.com. Each and every day I will strive to avoid my couch after work and do something more constructive instead. Then I will log the events on this blog.

I was surprised to see that 26 people have read my silly little blog. According to Google Analytics anyway. Wow....well, I can't promise anything exciting on these pages but I will try to be entertaining.

Now quit reading, go outside, and enjoy the beautiful day!



2 comments:

  1. Is that the diagnosis? Does your doc recommend a pulmonologist, or is s/he just giving you meds to knock out the yeast?

    Good thing your neighbor spotted the issue. Is he going to help foot some of the bill for reassembling your ceiling, since you agreed to let the repair go through your condo ceiling instead of his condo floor? I wouldn't expect him to foot the ENTIRE bill, but you could have told him to go scratch and do the repair through his fancy floor, so he'd be getting a bargain if he helped with the repair cost, IMO.

    Yeah, I'm thinking that a lung issue would be *a* cause for fatigue, if not THE cause. Once that issue is knocked out, see if that resolves the symptoms.

    What are the symptoms to look out for with cats? If you're breathing spores, they're breathing them, too.

    Freaking pain-in-the-butt repair problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what is going on, actually, Jeff is getting the mold issue taken care of real soon. Because the problem originated in his unit, he is responsible for $$ and is waiting for his check from the insurance company.

    Cats seem absolutely fine, including Lucky. The mold is not visible on the ceiling in my bedroom and I think my fatigue issues are simply that I get up at 4:30 AM every morning for work.

    ReplyDelete