Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy July 4th! (plus one)

7:36 AM

Happy July 4th!

Had an awesome time last night with Keith Lockhart and the Pops, as watched from the couch with my three cats.

This is the Boston Pops 1812 Overture from 2013:



Not my favorite version, as the first part of this is sung and I prefer all instrumental for this piece, but this at least is the complete work. Most of the posts on You Tube are of just the end, which is actually my least favorite part. I played this in high school on clarinet and it is a beast :) 

That experience really enhances my appreciation for the professional musicians who make up the Pops and other famous orchestras. The ability to take all of those instruments and make this piece sound as one is just truly amazing. Try to take a group of 50 or so people and make them play the same notes at exactly the same time. Amazing.

Did a lot of stuff yesterday:
- Went to the Old Mill with Dave, had lunch and fed ducks. This was a break from my Indian food tradition, but it was fun. I will happily eat the Indian food for supper this week.
- Worked out at the gym; Session Two of Week 1's from Couch to 5K. Did all of the arm machines for chest, back and arms. No Aleve needed!!!!
- Sang O Holy Night and practiced Ave Maria....again....still cannot get the timing right or the E for "ventris". Would like to have this worked out before my voice lesson this Wednesday.
- Crocheted a piece of the cover I am making for the ugly filing cabinet in my bedroom.

Around 5:00, The Fatigue struck and would not let go, so I had to sleep. But, I woke up at 6:30 and made it all the way through the Pops concert feeling good.

Going for a long walk this morning and will continue making small advances today in the de-cluttering and cleaning of my condo. 






No comments:

Post a Comment